Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Girls, 3AM & A Turkey Sub...

Here I sit in Greensboro, NC chowing down on my turkey sub.  It was slim pickings for food around the hotel (I had a 2 block maximum radius today because I am tired), so Subway it was.  Oh joy (read that as dripping with sarcasm...and DON'T try and stick up for Subway right now because I'm not hearing it).  Seeing as how this is the only thing I have eaten today aside from the banana I swiped from the first class basket this morning on our way into ATL (this would probably make the 3,286th time I have eaten a banana for breakfast during my career as an FA), I am putting the hurt on this sub despite my whines.




This trip has been a bit brutal, with 6AM flights each day.  Do you know what that means?  It means I need to be to the aircraft at 5AM, which means leaving the hotel a bit after 4AM, which means setting my alarm for 3AM (ok, 2:45AM because I am a snoozer).  Walking to the crew runner in NY to start this trip I actually passed by bars with people still drinking the night away.  Seriously.  Remember you read this the next time you get on a flight and think about making special requests from your FA - your life may depend on it.  While I am in an advice giving mood, my jetiquette tip for today is this: if the flight you're on is an hour or less & you see the FA's scrambling to get a beverage service done (this means for the ENTIRE plane, not just your row), PLEASE do NOT order a Diet Coke.  It's the simple logic of Henry's Law:  "At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid."  In a nutshell: that aspartame tainted crap takes about 3 times longer to pour than any other beverage on my cart because it fizzes up so much.   You are cramping my style.

Ok, so this trip hasn't been all bad.  I LOVE MY CREW.  Both of the other FA's are chill & super nice - I needed this crew after the drama of my last 2 trips (no offense Hannah, you know I love you).  Another reason why I didn't trade out this trip?  Last night's layover was in Madison, WI so that could only mean 1 thing....



CASS & LAILA CAME TO SEE ME!!!!

That's right, I had my 2 favorite gals to myself for the evening.  We went swimming, got a bite to eat, chilled in bed, did our nails & just enjoyed our time together relaxing.  Laila loves hotel living - I think we sealed the deal when she got to go in the bath tub, turn on the whirlpool jets & fill the thing up with a bottle of shower gel for some gnarly bubbles.  Pretty sure we might have a future FA in the making on our hands - she loves everything about my job. When it came time for them to leave last night, she dissolved into tears because she didn't want to "leave Ang to sleep all by herself". How awful am I that (even though I felt bad) it made me feel super loved that she was sad she had to leave me?  Anyways, being able to get on a plane & see these 2 whenever I want on my days off, let alone get paid to do it, is a HUGE perk to my job.  In my opinion, it might be the best perk.  Not just because I miss them every day & this helps with missing them, but also because I know it gives Cass peace of mind that my parents & I are just a flight away when she needs us.


Well, I have successfully killed my sub & am trying to talk myself into paying some bills online before I hit the sack since I need to get up at 3AM yet again for a 4 leg day. If there is anything I should try & teach Laila the next time I see her, it's that growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment