Guess who's back!? No worries, I didn't ditch out on my blogging yet, it was just that I wanted to take a break from hauling this laptop all around the world for a hot second. It really has cut my time through the security line (I mean, after I cut to the front and get glares from all of the passengers in line..that saves lots of time) down by at least a good 30 seconds.
I've decided the best way to recap the last few weeks would be to give you a view of life via pictures...here goes nothin'...
Did a quick little trip out of EWR shuttling around on the 320 for 3 days. Had one of my favorite crews to date - I love, love, love laid back crews.
 |
| Chillin' on the 320 |
 |
| Having some fun in the galley by giving Chris some hair |
 |
Chasing the sun all the way back to EWR
|
The next trip I went on was me and the guys. Literally. The other 3 FA's were men. The flight deck crew was men. Even the load factor they gave us was a man! I was for sure the odd man...er, woman...out. I buddied up with Ryan, the lead FA on the trip, and we ended up having a good time. Our first layover was in Portland, OR & we were going to stay up to watch the Perseid meteor shower but the city lights & cloudy night buzz killed that idea. However, Ryan did get up super early with me to go to VooDoo Doughnut (it's been featured on lots of travel/food shows) & then a walk through the rose gardens. This was an especially sentimental trip for me because I was born in Oregon & haven't been back since I was 3 years old. I actually have pictures of "baby Angie" in that same exact rose garden with my grandparents & parents, so of course I got all sappy about being there again after so many years had passed. Let me tell you, Portland for sure has it's own flavor. The people out there are a special breed. Cool...but special. Maybe it's all the meth. Yeah...it's probably the meth...
 |
| VooDoo Doughnuts |
 |
Me in the rose gardens
|
After a few brief days home, it was back to NYC for this little lady. Since they assigned me a later standby report, I was able to stay home an extra night and have (gasp) a Saturday night out. Even if I did hate myself when that alarm went off at 6AM. I'm getting too old to not work on weekends...my poor body can't take it!
 |
| Pretzels: it's what's for breakfast |
Guess where I ended up that night? PARIS! I missed that place & I like to think the feeling is mutual. What a fun trip it was too. Mark (one of the French speakers) took Luis, Michael & I out on the town. Not to the tourist places, but to see the "real Paris". Gay district style. Best night out I have had in a long time! The company was beyond fabulous. These darlings had me cracking up all night. We started out with dinner at this amazing restaurant where we sat outside and drank a bottle of wine, ate bread and watched the world go by. Dinner was Confit de Carnard (aka duck leg over slices of potatoes) & it was to die for. Well technically the duck did die for it...but...ok...moving on. Next up was clubbing. I tried to explain to the guys that going out at gay bars it the best because you get to stare at good looking men all night and don't have to worry about getting creeped on. Afterwards we took a little stroll past Notre Dame & snapped pics while some homeless man yelled at us in French. I don't care if he was cussing us out, it still sounded so romantic!
 |
| Sights of Paris... |
 |
| ...and more... |
 |
| The only thing that could top that amazing dinner - dessert: Nutella Creme Brulee. Le sigh. |
 |
| Clubbing in Paris. Yes, that is a hot guy taking a shower in a club. Hey, it's Europe! |
 |
| Hugs from Mark & Michael outside of the Notre Dame |
Too soon it was time to leave & come back to the states. With the 3 ADays that I had left, I ended up with this not too shabby 3 day domestic trip. Our second night on the road we ended up in Providence, Rhode Island & there was mad amounts of glorious seafood that was consumed. A casserole with scallops, shrimp & lobster tail? Oh, if you insist!
 |
| See what 5AM reports do to me? I managed to stab myself in the eye with my mascara wand. OUCH! |
 |
| Ran into Jerome Bettis in DTW. Nice guy. |
 |
What to do when your ear hurts & won't pop on descent. No, really. The hot water helps!
|
The great part of this domestic trip though was getting back early enough to commute HOME. Best part of my week??? Coming home to this...
 |
| ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!! |
Yeah, all of the other stuff is fun & all but NOTHING beats walking in the door to the world's happiest/most excited dog who hasn't left my side since I got back. He's laying on me as I type this, haha. Home at last...aahhh....it feels good. Well, at least for a few days until I get antsy for the next adventure. Stay tuned!
“You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest."― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment